KYAQ Underwriting Policy
Underwriting is an opportunity for businesses, organizations, and individuals to identify themselves with KYAQ’s mission as a non-commercial radio service dedicated to advancing the common good of the Oregon Central Coast through the power of connection. KYAQ’s mission is to strengthen the fabric of our community by weaving together vital threads of news, information, science, music, and art, creating an environment rich with surprise and discovery.
KYAQ is licensed as a non-commercial educational (NCE) radio station by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Underwriting acknowledgements are strictly for identification of KYAQ supporters and may not be promotional or commercial in nature. KYAQ broadcasts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. KYAQ can be heard as far south as Yachats, Eddyville to the east, 30 miles out to sea, and north to Cape Foulweather. KYAQ also streams live at KYAQ.org.
Underwriting acknowledgements may be either announced live by on-air programmers or, at the discretion of KYAQ, be pre-recorded. Announcements will begin with the phrase stating support for KYAQ and/or its programming (such as “Support for KYAQ comes from…”). All underwriting messages will be limited to 15 seconds, including the introduction.
Following FCC guidelines, announcements may contain the following:
- Name of underwriter
- Underwriter’s address, website, and phone number
- Brand or trade name of the underwriter’s product or service
- Underwriter’s slogan, as long as it is not promotional
- Length of time the underwriter has been in business
- Value-neutral description of an event, service, or product provided by the underwriter
Announcements may not contain the following:
- Language that is clearly promotional in nature
- Comparative or qualitative language
- Non-identifying verbosity
- Any reference to cost, discounts, or financial incentives (including “free”)
- Calls to action
- Inducements to buy, sell, or lease
In addition to your on-air announcement, KYAQ will also facilitate communication and contact between you and your listeners by listing your information on the KYAQ web site (KYAQ.org) with a contact number and/or a link to your website, if you have one.
Thank you for your interest in supporting KYAQ.