Billy Jo’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Cranberry Orange Sauce
Ingredients (Serves 6 – 12)
Grated rind and juice of 1 orange
3 tablespoons dark rum
3 tablespoons red wine
340g fresh cranberries (1 package)
¾ cup sugar (to taste)
½ teaspoon grated cinnamon
1 apple, grated
1. Wash and drain the cranberries.
2. Put all of the ingredients in a pan. (Use only about 2/3 of the sugar at this stage.)
3. Heat gently until the sugar has melted. Cover and simmer gently for 10 – 15 minutes, until the cranberries have released their juices and the sauce has started to thicken. (The cranberries will probably split, which is okay.)
4. Check for sweetness and add more sugar, if desired. (The sauce should be sweet enough to eat, while still being tart.)
5. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce has thickened.